– University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
– Cornerstone University, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude
– U.S. Immigration Court (nationally)
Attorney Jairo Hernandez focuses his practice on business and immigration law. He received a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Cornerstone University, summa cum laude, and a law degree from the University of Wisconsin.
Before co-founding Oasis Legal Group, he helped creditors to recover outstanding debts while working at State Collection Service in Madison, Wisconsin. He worked in the law offices of Stenger & Stenger as well as Barbara Tsaturova in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He later joined Northpointe Bank, where he worked as an accounting specialist, bookkeeping and auditing mortgages sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Hernandez grew up in Venezuela, where he studied business and owned a small retail store. Since he arrived in the U.S. as a young adult, he has expanded his experience while working in construction, accounting, and legal collections, and continues to gain experience as a business and immigration attorney. He now applies this collected knowledge to help clients at his firm.
Given his experience as an entrepreneur, accounting and collections specialist, as well as a naturalized citizen, Hernandez can easily relate to his clients and help them with issues in business and immigration law.
• General Counsel
• Acquisitions and Sales of Businesses
• Business Organization and Formation
• Business and Estate Planning
• Contract Drafting and Negotiation
• Buy-sell Agreements, Equipment Leases, and Software Licenses
• Franchise, Distribution, and Sales Contracts
• Real Estate and Construction
• Regulatory and Licensing Requirements
• Tax Planning and Litigation
• Trademark and Copyright Registration and Litigation
• Mediation and Arbitration
• Private Equity
• Venture Capital
• International Business Contracts
• Business & Employment Immigration
• Family Immigration and Naturalization
• Employment Based Visas
• Permanent Residency
• Non-Immigrant Visas
• Entrepreneurs and Investors
• Diversity Visas
• Affirmative & Defensive Asylum
• Violence Against Women Act (VAWA, T, and U Visas)
• Removal Defense
• Naturalization & Citizenship
• Student Visas
• Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
• I-9 Employment Compliance